For the last couple of years, there’s been a noticeable absence of any Apps for the Virgin London Marathon but today all that is set to change. Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play and today you can download the Virgin London Marathon 2013 tracker app.
This is your opportunity to tell all your friends, family and colleagues your tracker number (you get this number once you’ve created an account with the app) and involve them on marathon day. They can follow your progress from anywhere. If they’re coming to support you in London, this app will help them get to the right places to see you during the event.
The London Marathon Tracker app uses actual GPS updates every 15 seconds, which is great for single runners or relay teams.
Here’s what the app does:
- Navigation to the Start and Finish of the Virgin London Marathon (useful for both you and your supporters)
- Displays the London Marathon Course, your progress and the progress of your running friends
- Connects to Marathon News, ensuring you know about the latest London Marathon info
- Access to both Facebook and Twitter feeds – allowing you to have your say, listen to others & remind people which charity you’re running for.
- Stores your Emergency Contact information – easy to find your emergency contact & also easy to dial the Emergency Services if you’re in desperate need of help.
Please remember continued use of GPS services on your phone may drastically reduce your phone’s battery life.
I haven’t been able to test this app yet but I’m interested to hear your reviews – you can leave a comment in the box below.